The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently drive a '98 Dodge Ram Ext. Cab 4x4 and the mileage is terrible. I'm thinking about buying a Ford Diesel. I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money to get a diesel. I don't pull anything that would need the extra power it's basically a commuter/hunting truck. I put on about 25,000 miles a year and now I only get 13 MPG. I've heard people say they get close to 20 and some others get only 13-14. My driving is mainly highway (60 MPH) and a little town driving (25 MPH). Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Hi, and Welcome! to Ford-Diesel.com.

This website has several forums on various subjects. The Ford-Diesel.com forum is reserved for discussions related to the operation of this website. Your question would be appropriate in the General Diesel forum if you were asking about any engine other than a Ford PowerStroke engine. I'll assume you were asking about a new Ford PowerStroke truck, so I'll move your post to the '99-Up SuperDuty Engines and Drivetrain forum, which is reserved for discussions of the Ford PowerStroke engine and drivetrain.

I expect you'll get some interesting responses in that forum.

Smokey Wren
Forums Moderator

1 - 2 of 2 Posts