The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get back into Powerstrokes after selling my 2003 7.3L F350 about six years ago. A local dealer has a 2007 SRW F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Lariat with a plow for $20K. It's got 116K on the clock. The truck is completely optioned out (power rear slider, power sunroof, leather, etc...) and the interior and body (at least the topside) is in almost perfect condition. It's honestly more than I'm looking for in that sense-I'd be happy with an XL work package, but it looks like in general that the truck was well cared for. Except for the underbody-it definitely saw a fair amount of plowing and salt:

It was commercially registered and had one accident according to the Carfax. It's not really going to be a daily driver-I have a company vehicle that I use during the week. I'm just looking for a truck to use on weekends for hauling stuff, and to plow our 1/4 mile long gravel lane. How much of a concern should the frame rust be? Does it seem like it could be addressed with a needle scaler and some rattle cans or is it worse than that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking to get back into Powerstrokes after selling my 2003 7.3L F350 about six years ago. A local dealer has a 2007 SRW F350 Crew Cab 4x4 Lariat with a plow for $20K. It's got 116K on the clock. The truck is completely optioned out (power rear slider, power sunroof, leather, etc...) and the interior and body (at least the topside) is in almost perfect condition. It's honestly more than I'm looking for in that sense-I'd be happy with an XL work package, but it looks like in general that the truck was well cared for. Except for the underbody-it definitely saw a fair amount of plowing and salt:

It was commercially registered and had one accident according to the Carfax. It's not really going to be a daily driver-I have a company vehicle that I use during the week. I'm just looking for a truck to use on weekends for hauling stuff, and to plow our 1/4 mile long gravel lane. How much of a concern should the frame rust be? Does it seem like it could be addressed with a needle scaler and some rattle cans or is it worse than that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally I would not buy that pic yet just because of the amount of rust on it all it will do is cause problems for you in the long run. It looks like it was an oil rig from Canada or it was sitting on the cost somewhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts