The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 F350 PSD CC LWB with 67,000 miles on it. Lately it sees to
bounce alot more when hitting road bumps. I really notice it more in the back of the truck. I'm thinking it may be time for new shocks. Should I go with bilsteins over Fords. Also is there much difference in the ride with the bilstein shocks.
Are they easy to install for someone who has nerver done it before. I am some what mechanically inclined. Is there anything I should know or look out
for when doing it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
From what I am reading the answer is a big YES! Everyone who has switched over loves them, and I plan on doing the mod myself. The 5100's seems to be the consensus (versus the stock HD). I had a 96 Ford way back when the the ride got so bad we where about to ditch it. But then I thought about the shocks (first truck I had long enough to need replacing). I replaced them with Edelbrocks and the ride/handling was amazing. I was surprised at the difference a few little shocks could make on such a large vehicle.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I recently installed a set of HD series Bilstein's on my '05 Dually. What an amazing difference over the factory "Rancho" shocks. Much smoother and firmer ride. The only negative I can say is the way the front ones are mounted on the top side. The factory shocks use two wrenches to easily remove/install them, where as the Bilsteins use an allen wrench with one regular wrench. The allen head bolt can be a pain to get to. I ended up cutting one allen wrench to make it a bit easier.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the Bilstein 5100s on my EX and would highly recommend them. My only complaint is the exterior finish and how fast it oxidizes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

I just got the bilsteins installed today. What a complete difference. It's a
world of difference from the Ford stock shocks. I now world recommend the bilsteins myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts