The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backstory:
Bought the truck 3 years ago, it has always ran out of fuel with the display reading about 55m to E. Never thought much of it. Fast forward to a month ago, I was about to make a move out to Colorado and wanted to do some maintenance I hadn't done yet. I did an oil change, Diff. fluid change and fuel filters. After driving about 4 hours, doing about 70mph the whole way I needed to fill up. When I pulled up the truck started sputtering and shut off. It took a few minutes before I was able to start it again to get it to the pump. The display at this point read about 117m to E. Still didn't think much of it. It did it a few more times on the trip but each time it was reading a little higher, 120, 125 to E. Also, when I fill up, its taking about 21-23 gallons rather than 30. Fast forward to today, 295m to E, its sputtering as I'm driving it doing about 40mph, throttle won't respond, it starts dropping RPMs and then shuts off. I throw it in Neutral and it starts right up. I pulled off to the side of the road to check for anything obvious and don't find anything.

Drove about 20 miles to work after that and didn't notice any more issues. I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road and i'd like to get the full 30 gallons worth of fuel as i'm driving. My first thought is maybe the fuel sending unit is bad? But i'm not too sure. If anyone has any input or information on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Pull the sender and look.
Gonna need a whole new fuel system (hpfp and injectors) pretty soon, with running it out of fuel that often.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm fairly certain those will run a pickup screen just like the earlier trucks.
Known to fall off and you will run out at a 1/4.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts