The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 19 F350 my Dog travels with me to work i left him in my truck with it running i came back 30 minutes later Truck was NOT running when I returned. What can I do to shut this feature off ? My truck never needs to shut off when I leave it running with my Dog inside HELP PLEASE

·
Super Moderator
25,646 Posts
Tell the dog to quit shutting the truck off. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
try this, gonna need Forscan though. Unfortunately, it does not indicate what the OEM timer is set at. I'm assuming it coincides with the remote start idling timer. Which can also be adjusted in the nav screen I believe. I think I have my truck set to the max of 15 minutes.

Its not like the old days of letting your diesel rattle out in the parking lot while you nibbled on a cold snack in your favorite bar talkin smack.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yup if you just use the remote start than the truck will shut off after 15 minuets. Not much fun for the dog to sit in the truck all day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you look at the beginning of this forum there's information all about the FORScan in which I believe you can disable the 15 minute max timer for such a situation as a K-9 issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts