The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I use a jack and position it under the battery case. Loosen the case and lower it down with the jack because the battery is fairly heavy. It will drop straight down after you've loosened it. Mine has a cable that prevents it from falling on the ground or on you or whatever is underneath. You can unhook that holding cable by jacking it up slightly and getting slack to allow you to unhook it from the frame. Then, once on the ground, you can unhook the cables from the posts. There is enough slack in the battery cables to allow that.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
And people wonder why I moved the side battery to the rear of the van on the inside.
Box is bolted down and there is a Heavy cable for the positive side from rear to front, and a good ground for the battery.
There is also a relay in the back so that I can power the back up lights that I have put on and in the van.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
And people wonder why I moved the side battery to the rear of the van on the inside.
Box is bolted down and there is a Heavy cable for the positive side from rear to front, and a good ground for the battery.
There is also a relay in the back so that I can power the back up lights that I have put on and in the van.
Sounds like an excellent idea. You should post pics. I hope your using a sealed battery to avoid acid fumes rusting out something.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Sounds like an excellent idea. You should post pics. I hope your using a sealed battery to avoid acid fumes rusting out something.
I have some of the photos posted in the gallery.
It is in a battery box bolted to the floor and then strapped into the box.

As for the type of battery, same as the front and standard acid battery.
But wait the VW Bug of the 60-70 had the same type under the rear seat, and then there was the rental car of 2006 that I had in May of 07 that had it in the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts