Thanks,
Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
That's a reasonable solution. Let's hope we don't screw this up...

------------------
Troutly
FORMER: 99 V-10 & 99.5 PSD (great trucks!). ORDERED: Y2K Excursion Limited 4x4 PSD with all the goodies.
All roads lead to The Big Road. I'll be cruising The Big Road.

[This message has been edited by Troutly (edited 12-21-1999).]

·
Registered
640 Posts
Yessssss, I love it. Some of these sigs are far longer then the posts.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Is there a way to see what the signature looks like before saving it. I typed in one line, but it shows up as 2 lines.

------------------
1999 F250, Hunter Green, XLT, Auto, SC, SB, SRW, 4X4, Tow & Off-Road Package, Pace Edwards Roll-Top cover. Built 6/98.

KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM THIS SITE IS PRICELESS. DON'T FORGET TO SEND YOUR DONATION TO JASON!!!

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No way to see it that I know of. Looks like about 60 characters per line or so.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
jsing,

You could always post a TEST message under the OTHER forum and then read it and then delete it through the EDIT icon... You can then see what your signature looks like before you start posting under topics with it...

------------------
Troutly
FORMER: 99 V-10 & 99.5 PSD (great trucks!). ORDERED: Y2K Excursion Limited 4x4 PSD with all the goodies.
All roads lead to The Big Road. I'll be cruising The Big Road.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Hmmmm. I wonder if this will be as effective?

------------------
Smokey Wren in Midland County, Texas, with Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab. Ford-Diesel.com is a member-supported website, more info: http://www.ford-diesel.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000211.html

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Jason,

Good for you! Then I can get back to my usual two-liner.

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Sounds good to me, I'll edit mine just as soon as I see how long it is on this post.

------------------
Mike Hardin,
99.5 F250, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Sierra Blanca II, Born 1/99, Prodigy of FOMOCO & Navistar.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren.
Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

Help This Site!

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Ok, all better!

------------------
Mike Hardin,
99.5 F250,Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
No, Mike. You have plenty of room left. Gotta get that Sierra Blanca back in there!

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Ok, Smokey. She's back!

------------------
Mike Hardin,
Sierra Blanca II, 99.5 F250,Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren. Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Uhhhh. Mike. That's 5 lines.

All your words will fit in 3 lines, but you gotta get rid of 2 carriage returns.

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 12-23-1999).]

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Smokey,

I only see three lines, but when I went to edit my sig, it seems there were two or three blank lines at the end. I deleted them. Thanks!

(Added in edit) I still don't see any difference. Do you still see 5 lines?
------------------
Mike Hardin,
Sierra Blanca II, 99.5 F250, Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren. Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 12-24-1999).]

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
>>>Do you still see 5 lines?<<<

Yes. It looks like this:
Mike Hardin,
Sierra Blanca II, 99.5 F250, Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA
Driving Lights.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren. Both a "White Mountain
of a Truck"!

Maybe it's just my Win98 screen font of 800x600?

On edit: Yep. When I change my screen font to 1024x768, then your sig is back down to 3 lines. So I guess the test will be which screen font Jason is using?

Jason: looks like we need a better definition of "3 lines".

[This message has been edited by SmokeyWren (edited 12-24-1999).]

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Smokey,

I'm using 800x600 and only see 3 lines. I use Netscape 4.5 for a browser. I think I remember you use IE. It might be a browser thing. I know Netscape and IE sometimes display things a little differently.

Jason,

I'm trying to do what you asked, but we seem to have a problem here. How about it?

------------------
Mike Hardin,
Sierra Blanca II, 99.5 F250, Born 1/99, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I use IE for a browser and your sig is 5 lines on my screen. Looks like you are correct on the browser explanation.

------------------
krey

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Hehehe. I am running 1152x764 and it looks like 2 lines. If you want it to look like 30 lines, make the width of your browser about 1/2 the screen size

SP

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Moderator
s[email protected]
1999.5 F250 PSD CC 4x2 LWB Black over Tan, Built 3/08/99

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Well, I'm now at my brother's house, 190 miles from home, lost somewhere in East Texas. On his computer, using 800x600 and Netscape 4.5, I see 5 lines. Something screwy here. I can change his settings to 1024x768 and I see 3 lines. It's more than just a browser issue.

------------------
Mike Hardin,

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Most websites are designed to be viewed at 800 by 600 resolution. Viewing the site with a higher resolution means that the fonts will be smaller, crowding more characters in the same physical space. So a three line sig on a high res monitor might end up being a 4 line sig on another.

If we are down to defining sig length in terms of specific monitor resolutions, then I think we have gone a bit too far. Call it as close enough for each person to chop down to three lines whatever that person's resolution is set at. The rest of us, at perhaps a lower resolution, will have to promise not to be unduly upset if a (gasp!) FOUR line sig dares to raise its ugly head on our screens.

Kinda go with the flow, you know?

------------------
krey

1 - 20 of 46 Posts