The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had nothing but problems with these 275/65-20 load range E tires. I have, over the last 19K miles, grown to utterly despise them.

Short background - with less than 8K on the truck, six tires have been replaced. The factory front two had to be replaced due to an defective tie-rod/alignment issue from the factory and that is not the fault of the tires. However, the other four replacements (including the need to replace two of them twice) is clearly a quality issue (these two "sets" were on the rear of the truck). Now, with 19K on it, the last long trip I took (3,900 mile road trip) became the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. Although I had them rotated and balanced--once normally and the vibration did not stop, then again with a road force balance machine--they vibrated the whole trip at 70-80mph. They do not stay balanced (at least the vibration increases over time) and I will be replacing them with a different brand.

The $1200 question is--what tire? I do some off roading (nothing crazy--so no "mud-only" tires) and drive in the heavy rain in Texas and heavy snow in Colorado. Has anyone used a Firestone Destination A/T or Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2? I see some decent reviews on Tire Rack for them, but am curious as to what all of you are using.

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
353 Posts
BFGoodwrench KO2 All-Terrain. Great tire, rides well and will hold up great. It is all we buy now. Not to mention the white letter might look sharp against the black and chrome of your truck, but if white letter isn't your thang you can turn them to the inside to have black walls.
I live down in the swamp and this past winter my commute to work included a 500 yard stretch flooded gooey farm field (bc the main driveway was completely washed away by a flooding Savannah river, thank you core of engineers) for about 2 weeks. This was pretty touch and go, I was sure that i would get stuck on any given morning but i made it in and out without getting stuck.
Then in February on our honey moon we took off to Snow Shoe, West Virginia. She wanted to go the scenic route off the highway (will never do that again). Of course given my luck this was in the middle of an arctic blast storm. We endured four hours of going up and down mountains on unplowed roads, slurry covered roats and frozen roads. I am from South Georgia and if we even see snow stick that is something here, thus i am by no means a seasoned winter, snow, ice driver but those tires dug right in where most vehicle were sliding around i was able to ease right on through. The funniest thing to me was going up 2 steep inclines locals couldn't get up, they would get about 30 yards and slide right back down. I ended up pulling 6 different vehicles up the slope. I bought a set of tire chains before we left as some insurance but at no point did i feel like I needed them.

So the short of it is the KO2 is a great tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts