The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced their headliner in their truck? Mine is grungy and I need to get a new one do to a little mistake:cursin:. Does anybody know what they run price wise?

·
Super Moderator
6,333 Posts
I bought some grey vinyl for $15 or so that will fit on my extended cab, pulled the headliner that was falling down and removed the original material. You also need to remove all the foam that goes between. I did it with a metal scraper and much care, it takes a lot of time (few hours for my extended cab). Then use spray headliner adhesive. Do spray both the cardboard backing and the back side of the vinyl, I did not on most and the part that I did spray both stuck MUCH better. You do need to take your time installing to keep from getting bubbles or wrinkles. I stretched it across the backing and clamped it on the four corners with small spring clamps LIKE THESE. Glued it down and am now ready to trim out the holes (visors, interior lights, etc) and extra on the edges and reinstall. The only issue I have right now is at 6'6" I am rather enjoying the added headroom of no headliner.

Get a custom looking headliner for a lot less.

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had my headliner (extended cab) re-done last year.

I pulled it out and put it back in myself.

Had a trim shop recover the headliner. Cost me $90.00 and looks great.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I bought some grey vinyl for $15 or so that will fit on my extended cab, pulled the headliner that was falling down and removed the original material. You also need to remove all the foam that goes between. I did it with a metal scraper and much care, it takes a lot of time (few hours for my extended cab). Then use spray headliner adhesive. Do spray both the cardboard backing and the back side of the vinyl, I did not on most and the part that I did spray both stuck MUCH better. You do need to take your time installing to keep from getting bubbles or wrinkles. I stretched it across the backing and clamped it on the four corners with small spring clamps LIKE THESE. Glued it down and am now ready to trim out the holes (visors, interior lights, etc) and extra on the edges and reinstall. The only issue I have right now is at 6'6" I am rather enjoying the added headroom of no headliner.

Get a custom looking headliner for a lot less.

Dave / Believer45
I had my headliner (extended cab) re-done last year.

I pulled it out and put it back in myself.

Had a trim shop recover the headliner. Cost me $90.00 and looks great.
How did you take out the headliner from your EXTENDED CAB?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have a hole in my headliner and was looking for a price of a new one, not how to redo one, but thanks for the ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts