The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install the Sinister EGR delete and the solid piece up-pipe. Any durability issues with these?? Been waiting for them to jump out of the box and onto the truck for a couple years and it ain't happened yet. So next week, it's flush and wrench time. Oil cooler also. Reason that I ask about durability is a Youtube video I just watched by a guy named Randy Johnson that made the claim that installing the delete and solid pipe would end up cracking the "Y" pipe .............."every time".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Getting ready to install the Sinister EGR delete and the solid piece up-pipe. Any durability issues with these?? Been waiting for them to jump out of the box and onto the truck for a couple years and it ain't happened yet. So next week, it's flush and wrench time. Oil cooler also. Reason that I ask about durability is a Youtube video I just watched by a guy named Randy Johnson that made the claim that installing the delete and solid pipe would end up cracking the "Y" pipe .............."every time".
Five years and 50k miles without any problems anywhere, related to the delete.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I haven't heard of the problem but like I said, this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjVHPKS4Ikg claims that using the solid up-pipe (in place of the bellows) will get you a broken up pipe "every time".
I'm going for it, just found it interesting. I believe everything I watch on youtube.

On another note, I've been compiling Youtube videos using "Any Video Converter" software and should be able to playback as I go. No WIFI at my shop.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A weak bellow will crack but it's not from the delete pipe it's from wear and tear. Or it could be he's using to much force when tightening the flange bolts. There's a lot of ways to cause problems if you're not careful. The only time I've seen a delete kit cause ypipe issues is when you buy one of the cheap kits that come with a little puck that blocks off the exhaust to the EGR cooler. As long as you install good quality parts and take your time you'll be fine. I have 80K miles on my sinister delete kit and I've never had a problem. i still have the factory ypipe on my truck with 150K miles on it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have 6 years and 50k miles with the Sinister kit. No issues with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts