The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Any reason (on your side) that the site is sooo slow lately??? Or is it my ISP on this side?

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Clint

------------------
1999.5 F350 DRW CC Prarie Tan,Centurion Laredo package,Mag-Hytech tranny pan and Dana80 carrier cover both filled with AMSOIL,Hypertech for towing,Auto Meter 3 gauge pod with tranny temp,EGT,boost,bed rug,Florida line topper,Banks muffler and tailpipe,Banks big head actuator,BF1000 fast idle controller,Fumato drain plug,DuraTrans overdrive controller,WeatherFlectorVent Shades,Hot SuperChip flip chip(hot and standard 50-100) for around town,Ford Aux Idle Controller,telescoping 2000 mirrors,Firestone Ride Rite air bag levelers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine seems to be as fast as usual.

------------------
99 F350 SD PSD,4x4,Lariat,CrewCab,2tone HunterGrn/Bge,short wb,6sd,ltd slip,abs,TrlrTow pkg
Rhino Liner bed, hvy duty front suspension pkg, privacy glass, TT mirrors, drop bumper.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oppps! Must be on this end then! Thanks!

Clint

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I see you are a Mediaone subscriber. We had a lot of trouble the last few days here through them. They are almost done with the updates to go from one-way to two-way here. They've been doing a lot of changes. I had a tech come out as I was having unrelated modem troubles at the same time. He fixed it and downloaded the latest Firmware that they have out. It cut way down on the Signal to Noise Ratio (from 37db to 23db) and it runs as fast as ever, now. Maybe they are doing some updates in your area too???

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
I almost posted the same message yesterday. For about 2 hours in the late afternoon, it was taking over 60 seconds between screens, and some screens were taking over 2 minutes. But last night, it was back to the normal few seconds between screens.

------------------
Smokey Wren in Midland County, Texas, with Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab

Is Ford-Diesel.com on your Christmas list? Address is:

Jason Lester
350 Henry Street
Abingdon, VA 24210

Click here for more info: Ford-Diesel.com needs your help!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am on Mediaone in New England and have been very disappointed with the speed lately. I was talking in the Ford-Diesel Chat a few days ago and mentioned how slow the speed was, especially around dinner time and the person I was chatting with didn't experience the slowdown.

Then I was over my brothers house and went on from his AOL connection and it was way faster. Whats up with that. It might be time for me to give Mediaone a call and see why I am paying $40.00 a month to run slower than AOl.

Note: I ran Winipcfg.exe and did a release all and then a renew all and it helped a little, but not that much.

Keep me informed if anyone gets this figured out and I will as well.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Gotta be on Mediaone's end. Mine has been real slow at certain times of the day, too. I know they are dong a huge amount of upgrading with the Broadband stuff (whatever the heck that is) around here. Last night I was surfing this site around 11 pm CST and it was real s l o o o o o o o w . I had time to make a sandwhich during the time it took to load each page. grhhhhhhhhhh

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm sometimes more concerned with throughput of the internet that Y2K. With all the graphics and now there will be more and more voice over the internet, it could be getting worse.

------------------
1999 F250, Hunter Green, XLT, Auto, SC, SB, SRW, 4X4, Tow & Off-Road Package, Pace Edwards Roll-Top cover. Built 6/98.

KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM THIS SITE IS PRICELESS. DON'T FORGET TO SEND YOUR DONATION TO JASON!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts