The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
I pull in 2nd gear 4 low and usually place pretty good (3rd-5th place). I started off in 1st gear once by accident and then shifted to 2nd, but that didn't work out good at all, the engine bogged down and I lost my momentum. I haven't tried bbuntings idea yet, but I think I am doing pretty good in 2nd gear. What ever you do don't run in 1st gear, you definitely don't need that low of gear and you won't get enough speed.

·
Registered
845 Posts
bbunting,

I agree with what your saying, speed is definitely a key factor, but in 3rd gear will a stock truck or slightly modded truck have enough power to keep the sled moving? Obviously your truck has more than enough power, but if you can remember when your truck was just slightly modded, did you have enough power? I would think the truck might start down shifting which could hurt your momentuem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
845 Posts
Dieselkid,

Your truck has aftermarket injectors though, correct? Your dyno numbers are much higher than stock or mildly modded trucks. So for your truck it might be a differant story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts