The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Last time I pulled I put it in second and it hit the rev limiter very fast and I ended up pushing it into third but forgot to turn overdrive off. It ran through third then hit od and bogged. But I can keep the rpms right at about 3000 with the converter unlocked in third. second gear just isn't tall enough even with the 35,s and 373 gears with a locked converter it hit the rev limiter really fast.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Has anybody ever done a boosted launch on the sled. I mean like giving the truck as much throttle as the brakes can hold back and then just letting off the brakes and matting it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Around where I am the tracks are red clay that is a little moist and steamrolled. i swear the stuff has about as much traction as asphalt

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
It bogs bad when the converter locks in third. In second Im not sure if it just spins of just runs through the gear fast. I am running Pro comp xterrains.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Wouldn't third gear in 4 low be about the same as 1st high. You just have the extra 2 gears down low if you start bogging and you have some help getting the rpms up when getting the sled going.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Not sure how well that would work. I do know that the TC is very strong. I would think that the rest of the drive line would break first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.