The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been looking at the forum for awhile now and have gotten lots of good info from everyone. Thanks! Tonight I decided I had better join.

Now I have a question. I have a 2000 Auto 4x4 F250 CC 7.3 PSD with 137,000 that has a fair amount of slop in the steering. I have gotten under it and looked at everything and had my son cycle the steering stop to stop and nothing seems to be noticeably bad or loose.

BTW, I don't know if it matters much, but the swaybar bushings are shot; heavy clunking especially on the drivers side. I already ordered an energy suspension kit to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to narrow down what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Kurt

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hear alot of worn steering gearboxes in these trucks, their is an adjustment screw that can be turned a little to tighten it up, I dont know much about it otherwise Google redhead gearbox for our trucks apparently it's the ultimate fix and will work better than when it was new! I'm not super knowledgeable but I am constantly doing my research! I think I'm dealing with something similar maybe? But only when I'm towing my travel trailer! Good luck with your problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts