The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

So I've been slowly treating a slow turbo boost on my work truck -- it has had a few other issues along the way, which through the help of this forum I have been tackling, so I will try to summarize quickly here:

Truck has is a dog off the line. its a manual tranny and a lot of times I need to start in granny low just to get enough boost to get going. Once I get past first gear, the turbo builds plenty of pressure - up in the lows 20s and the truck feels like it has great power. Only code is p0299.

What I've done:

- Removed and cleaned turbo -- it was nasty, stuck, and the unison ring was worn so I replaced all of that
- Removed EBP sensor and tube - cleaned and replaced.
- Found several leaks in CAC and pipes - installed new CAC & all piping/boots from turbo to intake. This made a big difference in my overall boost numbers, but didn't seem to help the low end

I'm thinking maybe a leak at the y-pipe but I don't see any soot or hear any leaking.

My Map & Baro readings all seem normal.

EBP at idle is 0psi and VGT is 85% which I know is obviously not good as the computer isn't seeing enough boost from the turbo. While driving, EBP goes upend VGT is between 30-65%. As a note, On my other (well functioning) 6.0, EBP at idle is 3psi.

I have a new EBP I was going to try and swap out - but other than that, and searching for a y-pipe leak, any other thoughts are much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Try taping a shop vac set on blow to the tail pipe. You will hear any cracks or leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts