The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll just bought a 89 f250 with the 7.3 idi about a month ago. had nothin but issues since i got it. also this is the first diesel i've ever owned or worked on...

First off when i brought it back i changed out the oil. turns out there were only 3 qts in the pan. the guy i bought it from said the "water in fuel" light has been on since he bought it but turns out there was a lot of contaminated fuel in the tanks as well as water. (the fuel filter that WAS on it had no water seperator either.

I took it in the shop about 3 weeks ago because it was havin this real bad smokin issue. (billowing clouds of white smoke, especially from a cold start. but continued after warmed up and drove) I had bad injectors so i had those replaced as well as had them rebuild the injector pump.

Got the truck back and wouldn't ya know it about a day later I had the same amount of smoke comin out the pipes. So my question is.... what's up with the smoke? I dont wanna take it back to the shop since i just dropped them 1500. this smoke have something to do with bad components down in the pistons or something?

Also while I'm posting, yesterday I was drivin from a light. pushed the clutch to switch to 3rd and the clutch pedal stuck on the floor. now it just wobbles back and forth. i know its got somethin wrong with the hydraulics but i dont really know where to start checking. just the hydraulic line from the tranny to see if theres leaks? should i purge it first? (and how do i purge the hyd line) or you reckon i should just replace the hyd master cylinder?

Any advice on both these issues would be great. If anyone wants to tell me to ditch it and get a powerstroke go ahead. i wish i could now.

Thanks again,
Josh

·
Registered
3 Posts
have a gander up under the dash and make sure everything is still connected the master may be shot but usually there is a spring that will over center and either pull it back to top or hold it to the floor, the slave cyl is more likely to fail

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
preciate the reply 92F250-7.3GUY. got the clutch fixed today. that push rod lookin thing worked its way out of the master cylinder.. got it replaced.

anyone know anything about the smoke??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts