The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about the rest of you, but when ever I smoke a chivy in a street race I feel the need to tell about it. So a couple of guys in a 4-door 3500 chivy pull up next to me at a stop light and goose it off the line, I didn't think too much of it until I pulled up next to them at the next light and they were looking at me and the driver had a grin on his face. It was on after that!!! Light hit green I gas it and of course with 4.30's and a stick I had the jump on them. But I wound her up to 4k hit third, chirped the tires then ran through the rest of the gears and had over a truck length the whole way. We pull up to the next light a couple of miles down the road and they were still smilin' but this time they had a thumbs up to go along with their smiles. Smokin a chivy always makes me feel good. I love my Super Duty race truck!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Congrats! Always good to keep the also rans inline. Any idea what they had for a motor?

·
Registered
423 Posts
6.8 vs. 8.1 and it's only rated for how much more hp/tq??Plus the lovely mileage.Let's compare sticker price too.Plus Mines Bigger!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my guess is a 454, it was a mid to late 90's one ton crew cab.

·
Registered
222 Posts
re: ha ha

Ever read a road test comparison from one of the mags? They're pretty darn close. In fact, in a 1 ton dually the 6.8L is a bit quicker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts