The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this truck for 1year 6mos. and 8,000miles on trips. I am sure I do not have tell anyone the roads in this country are in need of work. I know the tires are OEM and very aggrieve for both road and off-road, is there any changes to suspension , shocks and or new tires (still plenty if tread). What about seats?
Any thoughts
Thank you
2015 250 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here is what I did on our 2016 F250 Screw, short box.. Michelin AT Load range E 18 inch rims
The sticker on your door says 65 psi in front and rear tires. If you are rolling with no load on the rear of truck you can likely let some air out of rear tires was my thinking. Did a bunch of research on tires. We have the 6.7 diesel engine so its heavy on the front. I looked up the inflation to load tables for our tires. I also put the truck over a set of scales with full fuel and wife and I. Front axle I left at 65 psi. Rear I could have dropped to like 35 psi for the unloaded axle weight. I dropped to 50-55psi.
Unloaded only. Now here's the only issue. The TPMS alarm was going off on the rear tires for low pressure. I used an app called forscan to change the TPMS low pressure warning setpoint on the rears only down to 48 psi

When we haul the trailer I air up the rears to max inflation 80psi and monitor with a different app.... Called Torque. I have alarms set in it if any of the tires start loosing pressure.
Now it does make the ride nicer on the truck. I also swapped out the rear OEM shocks for set of bilsteins. We feel for this truck it rides pretty good. Does it ride like a car? Nope never will. But its better on bumps. On the F350 I believe the door sticker says 65 front 80psi rear.
We have toured around on the rears aired up. It can be brutal in the back seat!

YMMV

RoadrunnerII

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Roadrunner is spot on. Tire pressure is key!! Empty I run my rears on DRW at 45 SRW 55. Fronts I tend to keep higher to help with tire ware. Do a search you will find tire pressure/weight charts. Go weight the axles and adjust as needed. Or you can spend a lot of money first. DENNY

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for your input. I will be needeing tires in a few months any suggestions I do not go off road. The T/T loaded tips scales at 6500lbs
Thanks again

·
Registered
37 Posts
Our truck came with Michelin AT2 LT275/70R 18 load range E.
Likely replace with same. I've always had good luck with Michelin.
They have worn even, ride decent. Hold air consistent. Currently have 65000 miles on them and still have a ways to get down to wear bars
Our trailer has Michelin rib tires on it. Similar results just not the miles yet.
Heard good things about the Goodyear endurance tires for trailers. I will likely just go back to the Michelin ribs on trailer when the time comes

YMMV
RoadrunnerII

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts