The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Ford part number for the Snap Ring on the end of the stub axle for a Dana 50 front axle. I am in Mexico, and nobody can give me a Cross-referenced number from the Spicer part number 620142. Seems new ones would be better, as the old ones have been on and off a number of times, and neither were in their respective grooves when we pulled the hub locks.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Is this the one on the axel shaft with the 3 washer under or the big one that retain the locking hub?

Diesel orings has them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
704 Posts
Spicer 620142 - Snap ring
Spicer 701166X - Thrust Washer Kit

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... I have the Spicer numbers... Those are the ones. I am looking to see if there is a Ford part number for the Snap Ring. I do have a Ford dealer in the area, but they can't locate the parts in their computer....

·
Super Moderator
26,507 Posts
I didn't have any luck finding a Ford #. There are a number of places that sell them online using the Spicer #. I just found one for $1.40. You might just be better off ordering them online.

They usually don't go bad. Unless they are twisted or distorted so they're loose on the shaft, they should be reusable. I've hand mine off quite a few times. If you found them not in the groove, it's probably that the last person that had them removed just didn't get them engaged.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good, thanks for searching. The Ford agency here has the wrong diagram in the computer, so impossible to figure out what the right Ford part number is through them...

I was thinking of cleaning up the edges and reusing. The local independent stores want me to bring in the old part and they say they can find a new one the same size. I just don't trust that it will have the same characteristics, even if it is the same size...

I will probably just order a full set of new parts and schedule a replacement service once everything is here...

·
Super Moderator
26,507 Posts
Snap rings are pretty standard. If they find one the same size it should work fine. Thickness and inside diameter are what you want to match. There isn't a lot of load on the ring, it's mainly to hold the shaft axially.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts