The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys so I got the transmission out on my 2001 f250 7.3. The hardest part was getting out from under the truck. I had to wiggle it out from the rear passenger tire. Question is does anybody have any advice on how to get it back under their ? I mean their has to be an easier way? Iam afraid to jack the truck up cause I had to take that transmission range sensor and the truck is in neutral now. I was thinking like roller boards or something ?
Thanks yall ?

·
Premium Member
15,184 Posts
There is no easy way to do this. You've got to jack the vehicle up at some point to get it out. On smaller units, I will sometimes get it off the transmission jack and slide it out, but on something this heavy, that isn't much of an option. By the way, doesn't matter where the transmission range sensor is. With the transmission is out, you could have it in any gear you want and it won't affect the rear wheels. You've got the truck on jack stands, right? With the rear wheels blocked and the emergency brake set?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have the wheels blocked. The rear parking brake doesn't work the line is broke or cut from the previous owner.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Place it on an old rug and slide the rug around...

·
Premium Member
15,184 Posts
Got to get it off the transmission jack without killing yourself or breaking something. Maybe on a Turboglide or something in that size range. I'd never try to unload a 4R100 while trapped under the truck. Better to just get the truck up enough to get it out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I think Iam just gonna have to jack the one side up. I though about making some sort of roller blocks.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
I can feel your pain crawling under the truck either on a creeper or just sliding on your back, have you guys got these wheel dolly kits Wheel Dolly CAR Dolly Gojack GO Jacks 300mm 12" 2 | eBay something like this would do the job for you.
I think you where trying to explain something like this in you post.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts