The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my gages and the pod is black plastic. The interior of my truck is two tone gray from the '02 model year and I want to paint the pod the light grey to match the factory look.

So what color and brand of paint matches my interior?? I know I have seen it somewhere on this forum, but I cant seem to find it...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
call Ken at www.kensperformancesolutions.com he has all the colors for your truck. I just bought a can for my truck because somebody gouged the ashtray door and the paint matched perfect. Tell him Kevin said hello.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would suggest interior paint can be found at most part stores the cap is pretty close to the color. or u can go to the local auto paint store and get the dye.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and on the gage note... which manifold is the best to mount the pyrometer probe in? Best place for the tranny temp??

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Mine is that color gray too, I found a perfect match at O'Rileys, it was "Dupli-Color" Vinyl and Fabric paint, HVP109 Medium Gray.
VERY GOOD MATCH, I had it on two different pods, the 3 gauge, I sold to one of my fellow SLAPS members, (already matching his truck!) And my 4 gauge pod in there now.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
and on the gage note... which manifold is the best to mount the pyrometer probe in? Best place for the tranny temp??

[/ QUOTE ] Most go into the passenger side manifold, the most room there at the "Elbow" where it joins the UP-Pipes.
Tranny is easy, on the front corner of the pan drivers side just above the pan there is a NPT plug, remove that, install the sender, and run wires. DONE

Some of the senders may be too long? I have never seen it, but had heard of this, mine was no problem.

·
Registered
858 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
"Dupli-Color" Vinyl and Fabric paint, HVP109 Medium Gray.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I used. Matched perfectly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm putting guages in soon, where do you put the sender on a 6spd. manual trans. I looked under my truck the other day and found a plug in the same general spot as discribed above on the automagic trans. but the plug is to be romoved with a 3/8 inch ratchet and looks like it has a purpose. There's no test port or anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif If someone know where to put the sender on a manual please let me know

·
Registered
182 Posts
And where is best place to get guages?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Most any sponsor sells them, in some sets, shop around, they will "Price match" too most times.
I got mine at www.Egauges.com who is also a sponsor on here.

·
Registered
676 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used/use This Cat here on Ebay to buy my C2 full sweep gauges from. He carries Autometer. Fast delivery and the gauges are brand new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
922 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, us - of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so! i'll find out on Friday for myself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used/use This Cat here on Ebay to buy my C2 full sweep gauges from. He carries Autometer. Fast delivery and the gauges are brand new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Before I bought from a "Cat On ebay" I would buy from a sponsor, and as I mentioned above, there are several to choose from....

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm sure you will be satisfied. Each paint color was matched to a factory pillar in that color. I know becasue I was in charge of the project. If you're not satisfied call me. We fully stand behind the SpectraMatch product.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
You cannot go wrong getting your guages from the DieselManor sponsor on this site. I recieved my guages with some of the best instructions you will get from anyone, also everything that could possibly be used for installing them comes in the kit. The paint that I ordered at the same time is a perfect match to the interior of my truck. I am very picky about my truck and would not put something in it that I look at every day as I'm driving unless it looked good. Great service, great product in my opinion. just my .02$

·
Registered
922 Posts
actually as it turns out i won't find out today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif darn backorders!

it's ok though, i understand...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts