The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a few in the past made by Extang. One would peel up if I caught a side wind, but the other was great. Seemed to me the first one had an exposed edge with a horizontal fit while the second one locked down into place better and had a downward angle around the perimeter.

I want something that can roll up small (not a tri-fold or something like that), can withstand snow load, and be weather proof. Low profile would be nice, but I'd much rather it support a big snow.

I am looking at Extangs Tuff Tonno and I like that one, but are there others to consider? Thanks!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input. I do like that cover when it's down, and I LOVE the security, but I don't like how large the roll is when it's against the cab. My truck is a short bed. And, as you say, I don't like the price either. Not totally discounting this, but I'd have to decide how often I really need 100% of the bed space.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Revolver X2 is pricey but a heavy-duty roll-up cover. It is made of aluminum slats.
Well I splurged and got this BAK Revolver X2. I ordered it from my Line-X dealer when they coated the bed, but it was damaged so it had to be returned. Should have it on in a week.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice choice. You'll surely like the quality and dependability of Bakflip. I have the G2 cover and have no major complaints. I got it from tonneau covers - 4wheelonline.com. The only con of it is that you will lose the rear window if you want to access the entire bed. Other than that, it is a great cover. Easy to set up and remove, and fairly water tight also.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear. Line-X was cheaper for the X2 by about $50 than anywhere I had seen online, which surprised me. And they install if I order thru them, so it was a no-brainer.

I am hoping to get a call very soon that it has arrived!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts