The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 F250 7.3 4x4 crew cab standard bed 35 inch tires.
Hey everyone. Im looking to try to soften my ride up a little. Ive heard good reviews from sulastic shackles and have also heard relativly good reviews about donahoe/deaver leaf springs. Was going to do an 07 axle swap but man that 5ish grand. I was looking for any advise or real world experience with either of these two options or what others have done that worked. My girlfriend my dog and I will thank you. Never realy tow, I have a travel trailer that weight about 3500 pounds.

Second question tuners? Are they worth it and what have you guys used that works well with the truck. Im into longevity of the enging not speed or acceleration mainly like to improve mpg.
Thank you,
Bruce

·
Registered
37 Posts
For ride: get some improved progressive springs from Deaver and run some Bilstein 5100 or Fox 2.0 shocks. Also, keep tire pressure to about 50-55 in the front and and 45-50 in the rear unless towing or loaded heavy. This of course depending on exact tire.

Tuning: PHP hydra chip. No question. Below is a copy/paste of one of my recent posts. The OP responded back "I recently installed the hydra. Man what a difference."

The hydra chip is what you want. Plain and simple. It has the advantage in all categories of chips over all the other kinds. It is settled science at this point, but a lot of folks are unwilling to accept it. It holds more positions, can run tunes from multiple tuners at the same time, built in no start, built in bypass (runs what is flashed on pcm), leave chip in when getting new tunes or rearranging order or deleting some, still has full support from all the tuners, and is what is certainly most recommended by anyone that is up to date on 7.3s.

In short, buy the hydra and don't look back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts