The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking to upgrade my current set up with a DP tuner. I would like to have the exhaust brake setting but my question is, does this work all the time or do I have to switch to it when going down hills or hauling the 8K camper?
Also my budget is around 450. So I would like a good tow setting, daily driver setting and a fun setting! Any recommendations?

Last question: As for the controller, what is the difference between the Ex switcher and the gauge switch?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting this setup.

·
Premium Member
15,124 Posts
The exhaust brake only works when you switch to that setting. The difference in the switches is mainly aesthetics- whatever look you like.

I spend 99% of my time in 60 econo and 80 tow. I have the 80 econo and 120 race, but rarely use them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The Decel program is the tune you are looking for. Switch to it when you begin decelerating and the EBPV will close helping you to slow down/stop. With a switch on the fly chip, this is as easy as pressing a button.

We can get you setup with an F5 and the tunes you need, and you will still be within budget.

The Ex and gauge switchers function and work in the same way. The only difference is the physical switch itself, like RT said.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Do you have pics of the 2 styles of the switches? Also I think I talked with Jody awhile ago and he told me that the tunes you guys use really don't need the the EBPV to slow the truck down. Is that true?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Justin for the info. Should be ordering the F5 in the next month or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts