The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You want to use the Sonnax rear case bushing installer for the following reasons:
(1! The bushing is very long and it’s outer shell is thin and it can easily deform between the two brass segments and at the end you would ordinarily hit with a conventional bushing driver. (2) The bushing to case fit is incredibly tight. (3) The piece that the bushing goes on and drives it, has a recess to allow the bushing to be driven to the exact depth. (4) it’s an incredibly cool tool.
Product Sleeve Material property Electric blue Font

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Put oil the driving piece so if any Locktite being pushed forward in the case bore gets between the bushing the driving segment, you can get the segment back out after the drive. It won’t get cemented inside of the bushing.
* Make sure that the end with the bushing segment with 3 grooves faces the front*
Revolver Sleeve Electric blue Gun accessory Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I thought a standard length 1/2” drive ratchet with 1 1/4” socket would suffice. I was mistaken. At about 1/3 of the way in, I had to switch to a 3ft. ratchet. I guarantee that I had to put every bit of 60 pounds of torque to drive that bushing in.
Product Sleeve Grey Electric blue Denim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts