The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the new elec. exhaust brake and TC lockup system? It looks like a slick system and I like the ability to use the cruise buttons on the wheel to activate the system. I plan to install on Friday and will report back with any issues.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Love mine...been on for over a year now with no issues.

The only thing I do not like is the OD light blinking all the frikin time!!! Anytime the controler locks the TC before the computer wants it the OD light flashs

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you notice a nice reduction in speed on a hill when it's engaged?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
When empty, yes. When loaded to about 20,000# total it will maintain speed, maybe somewhat slow on lesser grades.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The cruise control still works the same? Or do the cruise control buttons become your exaust brake? Where is the link to this system again?

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cruise control remains the same you need to hold the off button for 2 seconds to activate the brake system. You can find out more info at spdiesel.com sorry dont know how to make that a link. Can anyone help me find the TCC wire and the speed sensor wire.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You can find out more info at spdiesel.com sorry dont know how to make that a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's simple. Just post the URL (or that part of the URL beginning with www) and the editor will convert it into a link. Like this:

www.spdiesel.com

Or this:

http://www.spdiesel.com/

Sam ting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif

After you make the post that includes the URL, if you later go back and edit that post, you'll see where the editor added the code to turn the URL into a clickable link.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
We don't change the cruise control at all...nor do we alter the way you use it.

Lets boil it down to what we do:

We simply read the same signal that the factory is getting and base our controls off your inputs. When you turn cruise on, we turn the brake arming off. that way there is no conflict with cruise control and exhaust brake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello spdiesel can you help me find the speed sensor and TCC wires? The instructions state to look for certain pack numbers. Is the farthest forward pack #1?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
exhaust brakes slow you donw on a hill.

I thought of a way to describe it. You are coming down a hill towing a big trialer.

Can you tell the difference between overdrive and third gear??? Of course you can!!!!

The exhaust brake gives you half gears, or splitter. So, lets say you are towing 20k in third gear, and your speed is starting to creep up.

You turn on the exhaust brake, and you are nwo slowing instead of speeding up.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
on your x it's down in the fenderwell more. it's not the #1 pack.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Absolutely love mine! Especially the TC lockup/unlock adjustment once you find the sweet spots. The system will cause a CEL on my CA truck but the codes are always the same. Torque converter lock-up circuit failure and high exhaust pressure sensor. I just ignor them. The performance of the brake far outweighs the CEL being on when I use it. I have a friend with a BD brake and another with a different brand EBPV brake and they get the same codes in their CA truck so I think it's a CA truck thing only.

And yes it makes a big difference on downhill grades. On a recent trip I can't remember if I ever used my brake on grades unless I was stopping. My brake was using the OD off and on button when needed. Many grades i had to actually step on the throttle to KEEP my speed up. Gotta' love it!

Larry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been running the SP Diesel Performance solid state exhaust brake (SSEB) for the past several years with great success while hauling vehicles with my 2002 7.3L Excursion, but then a few days ago it stopped working, along the cruise control. I've attempted to email Sean at SP Diesel for help, but my message has failed twice. I also went to their apparent former website, but it's gone. I assume they went out of business? Does anyone know what happened to them, and who is supporting their exhaust brake? Any help and insight is appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts