The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

Long story short my spare tire hoist part number 6C3Z-1A131-AA on my 01 f250 took a dump when Costco went to put the spare back up.

What are some good sources for the replacement? I remember hearing tousey ford used to offer parts at 10% above cost but they have since gone out of business I hear.

I found the dorman replacement models but have read they are cheaply made and aren't a drop in replacement with the tabs and no threads on the bracket.

Good news is my new BFG KO2's look bad ass! Bad news is I'm out more money for this part now.

Thanks!
Pat

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thanks for the quick reply! I'll hit them up. I will also try my local ford dealer and see if they will price match.

I wonder what the success rate on local dealers matching the online ford dealers price is? Definitely worth a shot with way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ended up getting it from White bear lake ford.

Huge props to them! I ordered it at 9 and by 1030 I had a shipping confirmation! Definitely will use them again!

Fast shipping and 10% over their price it's a no brainer!

·
Premium Member
4,352 Posts
Awesome thanks for the quick reply! I'll hit them up. I will also try my local ford dealer and see if they will price match.

I wonder what the success rate on local dealers matching the online ford dealers price is? Definitely worth a shot with way.
I have also had excellent service from AutoNation and even with shipping charges added they are still cheaper than my local Ford here in Fairbanks who won't offer any discount at all let alone a price match.

Those guys in White Bear Lake are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
9,682 Posts
Now remember that after you put that new assembly on to at least once a year to lower it and lube it up so that it works when you need it to.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
When I changed mine out, I went ahead and took that little attachment off that you needed to put on the end of the crank rod. You know, the part that you can never find when you needed it? And ditto x 2 Tousey Ford / AutoNation. They were over 50% cheaper on the Ford OEM battery cables I needed than I could get at my local Ford dealer.

just my .02 cents worth

short_stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts