The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Kudos on a great site.

I am wondering if there is interest in splitting the 99 Powerstroke forum into a 99 General Forum and a 99 Tech forum.

The reason behind this question is that the 99 Forum as it stands is bombarded by posts about purchasing and use like order priority, color, options, etc. and it makes tracking technical stuff like fuel cackle, rotors, axle ratios, power enhancement, etc very difficult.

The ordering type guys are generally newbies, whereas the tech guys are more experienced with their Powerstroke and thus have a different type of question.

Posting in the General area doesn't work as well either because the 99 people don't monitor there. I find that the most techical discussion is in the 94-97 area because no one is posting about purchasing anymore, except for used units.

Kim

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wonder what good it would really do...

Notice how a thread starts out and goes thru a bunch of changes.. and no longer come close to referring to the original point?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Works for me, and I'm a "newbie". Although my truck has yet to be built I have to agree that a possible split might be good. My strategy so far has been to read and do searches of other peoples posts to find out what I need to know. So maybe "site education" is what is needed. Just my 2 bits. By the way Jason, Great Site! Thanks for taking the time to create and maintain it. David

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I would suggest at a future date roll that general forum to the new model when it comes out.

IE, let us say the 2003 is the next major redesign.

We would rename the 99+ General Forum to the 03+ general forum and add a tech forum for the 03.

You couldn't order a 99-02 model anymore so the forum and newbies would be drawn to the current forum anyway.

SP

------------------
Shawn Pryde
Ford-Diesel.Com Moderator
[email protected]
Have you seen the 1999 Faq?
1999.5 F250 PSD CC 4x2 LWB Black over Tan, 3/23/99

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re:"I would suggest at a future date roll that general forum to the new model when it comes out.
IE, let us say the 2003 is the next major redesign.

We would rename the 99+ General Forum to the 03+ general forum and add a tech forum for the 03."

I would like to see a change sooner than that. People only monitor the top page or so of the forums and are much more likely to post purchase type questions than tech questions. Sometimes it takes several days to reply to tech questions because you need to do research to find answers.

re: "Wonder what good it would really do...
Notice how a thread starts out and goes thru a bunch of changes.. and no longer come close to referring to the original point?"

True enough, but at least the tech issues would be separated from the purchasing issues.

BTW: it would be really nice to be able to edit the topics on those changing posts.

Kim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like a good Idea to me

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ya, You Betcha!!!

------------------
99.5 F-250SD Super-Cab
PSD,6 Speed,4X4.Dark T-Red, ESOF,Captains Chairs
3.73 Gears,ISSPRO Pyro and Boost.Ignition Overide
Also, Radio Nut and Pilot!!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
VERY GOOD IDEA! I do not mind reading about people getting all excited about ordering a PS..order status..got mine..and many repeated questions..but I MISS the no nonesense approach. If Jason can do it, I am all for it!
Ernest

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Sounds like an excellent Idea to split them.

------------------
Keith
1994,F-250,5 Speed, SuperCab, LB, 4x4, 4.10's with Limited Traction Differential,
& Durabak Coated Fuel Tank & Shield. Entirely Stock with the K&N exception.

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Carpentractor said: "Sounds like an excellent Idea to split them."

So, Keith, you'll be the moderator in charge of being sure everybody posts only in the correct forum, right?

And when they don't, moving the post to the correct forum. Right?

------------------
Smokey Wren in Midland County, Texas, with Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab

1 - 10 of 10 Posts