The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum, I’ve got 2017 6.7 diesel and today I notice a squeaking noise coming from the engine sounds like a belt. When I start the truck up after a few minutes it starts squeaking. I got fuel today so I was worried I might of put gasoline in it. I have no idea what it could be so I contacted the dealer to get it in, just wanted some opinions of what it might be. IMG_0122.MOV

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
If its a belt, use some belt dressing if you can get to them, maybe from underneath?

·
Registered
581 Posts
If its a belt, use some belt dressing if you can get to them, maybe from underneath?
I would NEVER use any of that garbage on any kind of a vehicle. If you don't have a belt noise you will have one after using belt dressing and once it's on there it's there for good.

There are a lot of things that could cause the noise you are hearing. I don't think there's a common failure that causes it so you would probably be better off taking it back to the dealer and let the warranty take care of it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Not only that, but unless something has changed in the last couple years, belt dressing specifically states "NOT for serpentine belts."

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering if you ever figured this out? I had a 2011 that was doing the same thing (sounded like a belt), but ended up spinning the bearings... outside of warranty of course at about 78k miles...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts