The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 F250 that is having a rough running and stalling condition when hot. also from 2000rpm to 2500rpm is get white smoke and no power and then as it i flipped a switch it shoots right 3500rpm's. also in park at WOT the engine will sit at 2300rpm's stubble and throw out white smoke and then after a minute or so shooot up to max rpm. I bought AE scan tool and the buzz test when cold seems to be sucessful. I did 2 cylinder contribution tests one day and got codes P0272 and P0284 both times. the next day i get about 30 seconds into the test and the engine dies. that happen the 3 other times i tried to do the CCT. Also during the KOEO test I get code P1298 IDM fail along with Codes P0470 and P0476 which i'm going to troubleshoot this week. Truck has a brandnew lift pump and I did the glow plugs 3 weeks ago. oil is rotella syn and has less than 3000miles on it. Just kind of beating my head againist a wall here. anyhelp would be great

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1997 F250 that is having a rough running and stalling condition when hot. also from 2000rpm to 2500rpm is get white smoke and no power and then as it i flipped a switch it shoots right 3500rpm's. also in park at WOT the engine will sit at 2300rpm's stubble and throw out white smoke and then after a minute or so shooot up to max rpm. I bought AE scan tool and the buzz test when cold seems to be sucessful. I did 2 cylinder contribution tests one day and got codes P0272 and P0284 both times. the next day i get about 30 seconds into the test and the engine dies. that happen the 3 other times i tried to do the CCT. Also during the KOEO test I get code P1298 IDM fail along with Codes P0470 and P0476 which i'm going to troubleshoot this week. Truck has a brandnew lift pump and I did the glow plugs 3 weeks ago. oil is rotella syn and has less than 3000miles on it. Just kind of beating my head againist a wall here. anyhelp would be great
Did you ever figure out what the problem was

1 - 3 of 3 Posts