The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
1995 F250 Powerstroke. 4WD, auto trans, 330K miles. Ive owned the truck for 210K of those.

Driving to my shop today and the truck was running normally. Went about 4 miles and stopped at a light. The truck died. Fired it up and it started right up and then died again. I switched tanks since that is my go to test for any running issues. Fired it up and was able to keep it running above 1500RPMs or so. I puled it into gear and limped it into a parking lot where it died. I was close to the shop so I figured let's see how far I can get with this. I stalled it on the last turn before my shop and was able to restart, Get it going, bump it into neutral Keep the revs up and coast into my parking space where it died. I'm telling you all of this so you can have a sense of the time frame FYI. I noticed I stopped a little short and needed to pull it up a bit. I fired it up and it ran like there was never any problem. I ran it a bit in the parking lot and it was fine. I switched tanks hoping that would be the smoking gun and it ran fine.

I changed under VC harnesses about 120K ago but when they went it was more of a cutting out when driving. I was planning on changing them as a maintenance item soon so I will be doing that next week. I'm planning on throwing in a new CPS for good measure. I'm not overly confident that the issue is related to either of those items though and would welcome any input on what it might be. I'm not opposed to throwing some parts on since the truck has served me well and continues to do so.

Thanks in advance for any insight you all may have on this issue.

Derek

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I switched out the CPS and have put about 500 miles on it without the problem happening again. Doesn't men that fixed it but so far it has :)
If there was no check engine light when you were having those issues, then it does indeed sound like the CPS was failing. Thanks for the update!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts