The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out the the truck this afternoon and it wouldn't turn over. I have had no problems what so ever before. The batteries are charged and I'm getting solenoid click but it just won't turn over. I'm about 5 minutes from taking the starter off and buying a new one but just wanted to get another opinion since I had no prior warning. One more thing, after the soleniod clicks the lights don't go dim like the starter is trying to spin. I can start the truck just fine by popping the clutch...I'm just afraid I might go somewhere that doesn't have a hill!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you confirmed that the solenoid isn't the problem? The lack of dimming lights seems to suggest that no load is being pulled from the battery, which could be a solenoid issue. Have someone turn the key and see if if there is any current on the starter side of the solenoid. I'd hate to see you replace the starter (Big$$) if the solenoid is the issue.

Good Luck!

DAN

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine did the same thing,there were a couple of times when it acted a little funny a little slow to start rolling,but then it was ok for a while then it just went dead. Thank god I was at home when it quit.If the brushes are short or there is a dead spot in the armature the lights won't dim it just clicks. Good luck

Have a good one

Dan

P.S.Sorry so late on the info been busy tonight.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Fendre solenoid or the battery cable connections, , clean them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts