The Diesel Stop banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Thats it! Felt great to drive the truck today. Time for a beer!!! Thank to everyone for their advice and help along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Great Job!!!! The great part is you took the time and effort to post all the pictures and progress. I have been on the site for 20 years and the amount of information from post like yours is invaluable to all the members. Now take it on a road trip to ALASKA and stop in for a beer on me.
DENNY

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
👍 That would be awesome!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
I will throw in a oil change!!
DENNY

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
I’m doing a few things following up the bed work. I am attaching a couple pictures of the spray in bed liner I did myself. I used T-Rex White bed lining spray from SpeedOKote. It came as a kit with 4 quarts paint, 1 quart activator, and the gun. I opted to run 60 psi for a little thicker coat. I was happy that overspray wasn’t too bad and wore a respirator. Very happy with how easy it was and the finished look. If I had to do it over again I would order an extra quart of paint/ 8oz. Activator because of the 8’ bed and tailgate. I had to be careful to make it cover the full area.
I talked to Bret at the Company (614-774-6033), he said next time call him direct and he can give a better price than what’s on amazon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
As a correction - the paint comes in a 24oz bottle, you add 8oz of activator to it, shake like crazy, and combined it makes 1qt. Spray gun screws right onto the bottle.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Sweet!!
DENNY

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Thought I would give an update on the Harpoon Mod— Glad I did it 😁. This week was the first time I filled up since all the work to my truck; I’m on Vacation and a fishing trip at Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. Filled up twice now, pump shuts off, no fuel spewing out, and I can only get two clicks and it’s all the way to the neck.

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
I have family there.
Most of the Casey’s General Stores in the area have B11 and Love’s used to have B20.

Used them all with good success. Slightly less fuel economy but my goal was fuel system cleaning.

Good feedback on the Harpoon. Hey you have to make every second count when you are on vacation.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Thought I would give an update on the Harpoon Mod— Glad I did it 😁. This week was the first time I filled up since all the work to my truck; I’m on Vacation and a fishing trip at Rend Lake in Southern Illinois. Filled up twice now, pump shuts off, no fuel spewing out, and I can only get two clicks and it’s all the way to the neck.
Good news Big Horn, how much did you remove?

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Good news Big Horn, how much did you remove?

I had to buy a ratcheting pvc cutter at Lowe’s. And it was difficult to get started one handed, so I pressed the cutter against the top of the tank and was able to get a couple clicks on it to hold into place.....:. It’s as short as I could possibly get it. I’ll look and see if I took a picture inside the tank afterwards.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I checked my photo library and I deleted it- I remember thinking it was such a common Mod. and there’s pictures on the internet. From what I remember it only left about an inch or less stub through the tank top.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I checked my photo library and I deleted it- I remember thinking it was such a common Mod. and there’s pictures on the internet. From what I remember it only left about an inch or less stub through the tank top.
Hmmmm, maybe I didnt do enough but it spews every time if I dont catch it first.

Glad your's worked out.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts