The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive owned my 03 F250 for over year and never had any steering troubles until now. Saturday I drove the truck and all was well. Sunday I get in the truck and its all over the road. The truck steers so easy you can make a turn and just throw the wheel and itll go. Going around a curve the steering wheel will stay put to and wont recenter after a turn is completed. There is no binding or any loose ball joints or any of that. I cant detect any slop in the gear box adjustment either. Everything seems tight but the steering wheel turns so easy its twitchy and scary feeling. I dont have a steering dampner on the truck but then again it never had one since I bought it and it drove perfect until sunday. Any ideas?? I had a recent alignment done as well. Just can see how it could change over night? thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,753 Posts
The OP hasn't posted since his last post 10 years ago. Chances are he's not going to answer you.

I would say that there's a problem inside the steering gear. It probably needs a rebuild. I'm assuming that your PS pump reservoir is full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts