The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I step down on the throttle it starts to pick up RPMs then drops to an idle and the dash shows water in fuel and the glow plug light lights up. Let up on the throttle and push down slow and usually the RPMs work there way up. I notice that the more of a load I pull the more often it happens. Also once I get it started and fairly warm I will take off and when I let off on the throttle the oil pressure will drop to zero and an alarm goes off, but I found if I plug my ears I cant hear the alarm. Once I step back down on the throttle the oil psi picks right back up and every thing is dandy. I use to think maybe I had a problem but this has been going on for a year or more so what the heck it cant be too bad, can it? It usually stops after 15 or 20 minutes. Also it seems like the boost pressure is all over the place. When it's up I like her when it's down I would rather be driven the 7.3. The other day I blew some hose off the blower so it must have some pressure. Any ideas? Would freekr module do that. The dude that tries to work on it thinks the freeker needs to be replaced. I would love to take the freeeker and take it swimen in Lake PendOrielle it's about 1300 feet deep

·
Registered
240 Posts
OK not sure what a freeker is. I would be looking at the accelerator pedal sensor. I don't have a wiring diagram handy, but a short in a sensor can cause other things to go haywire. It is possible the other things you mention share a 12v or ground.

I'm assuming you don't have a scan tool or other means of reading codes. Pedal position is definitely a PID that can be read using a quality tool.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
15,115 Posts
Classic throttle position sensor issue. Replace it yourself.

·
Premium Member
15,115 Posts
Could you be thinking of the FICM module? Perhaps that's the Cajun pronunciation. Still more likely your pedal. Did he check the voltage in your freeking module?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He said the freekerm module was a little low but he didn't seem to know if that was the problem. We have dumped a lot of money into this thing and the lake option seems better than dumping more money into it. I got to figuren that if I fixed it myself maybe we could still use the thing. Judgen from what he said and what i learned on here I am leaned toward the freekerm module. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
15,115 Posts
Some people pronounce FICM "fick-um", but its written form is FICM. If you really believe that is the problem, then send it to Ed at FICMRepair.com - FORD Powerstroke 6.0 FICM Repair, PHP Tuning and Truck Parts

FICM issues usually manifest as a cold start problem. That is NOT what you are describing. I would suggest you call Ed and tell him your problem. Call it an F.I.C.M. when you're talking to him so he'll know what you mean. Ask if there is any chance that could be the problem. He'll be honest with you.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
While it may be a FICM issue I more agree with a APP problem. If the 3 sensors in the switch are not working correctly the PCM will not know what fuel command is being asked for and will only allow the engine to idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts