The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has done, or attempted to do a stereo upgrade. Seems with all the integration into the trucks electronics and layout of the physical stereo itself a swap would be hard. I like the stereo that's installed.... but inquiring minds wanna know.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
yes, there have been radio replacements along with retaining the steering wheel controls. you will need to search this forum and others for more info on what it takes to install an aftermarket radio. There are also threads about replacing the bass speaker/amp.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Start with Crutchfield.com and input your vehicle info, see what they come up with for solutions.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think many are doing the tablets or iPad install.
But if you go to crutchfield.com, you can look at all the different options, just select the option for keeping the steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Depending on your current OE setup there's tons of options. People dropping big bucks to simple setups. How big is your checkbook??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed iRV stereo over the weekend. It only took about an hour or so, and that included modifying the mounting hole in the cabinet. It comes with both RCA and/or HDMI connections on the back. Bluetooth also works fine. I have tried all the functions and all works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts