The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was coming to the bass pro shop and when I arrived I had a massive amount of fuel pouring out from the truck. The top of the motor is soaked in fuel and I can't tell where it is coming from. Any ideas?

·
Registered
290 Posts
LOOK AT THE FITTINGS COMING OUT OF THE FILTER ASSY, look at the line that goes back too the head on the pass side, the bracket that is half way back is known for wearing a hole in the line, also look at the drain valve, or the filter cap if it has recently been changed

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drain valve looks ok, valley is flooded with fuel but no luck on finding it

·
Premium Member
15,184 Posts
Passenger side fuel line. It runs from the bowl to the rear passenger side head. There is a clamp that holds the line in place that wears through the line. Known issue. Replace the line and either insulate that section or leave the clamp off.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it coming from a line under the turbo, can't get a line of sight on it just see it spraying would have to pull intercooler pipe to get to it

Reactions: Gator5713

·
Premium Member
15,184 Posts
That's the one...

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's the line! The clip is behind the intake on that side and almost impossible to see. The line can be replaced without removing that intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts