The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 99.5 and have had strange injector problems over the past few weeks.... when I first brought the truck I knew it had some injector issues so I pulled them all out and had them rebuilt at SoCal Diesel put them in and it ran like a dream... 500 miles later had a lot of white smoking only to find cylinder 1 busted the Cooper washer seal and piston gas went over the first Oring. So I pulled cylinder 5 cleaned them both up and swapped them while making sure the cup looked good with no cracks and it ran golden.... for ANOTHER 500 MILES same problem in position 1 with a different injector...... could it be possible the top hold down bolt was backed out too far and the injector was slowly coming out? The cup really looked fine too me no cracks or anything.

·
Premium Member
14,672 Posts
Something is definitely going on with that cylinder. Hold down bolts or the injector cup are about the only two possibilities, so I'd suggest swapping the cup and checking the bolts. There is the possibility the cup is lifting which wouldn't give the copper washer a firm foundation to seal on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something is definitely going on with that cylinder. Hold down bolts or the injector cup are about the only two possibilities, so I'd suggest swapping the cup and checking the bolts. There is the possibility the cup is lifting which wouldn't give the copper washer a firm foundation to seal on.
I actually have a new cup.... any way to do it without buying the 200$ tool ? Lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course this happened while I am on Vacation Along with my starter taking a dump..I had to over night a new set of orings ..... she’s back up for now...

The cup lifting is a interesting thought tho. I was thinking the top hold down bolt because the first time I had them out was my first time doing injectors period or I actually took both of the bolts out on cylinder 1..... putting it back in for the 3rd I lowered the top bolt alittle.

This thing is kicking my behind!!

·
Premium Member
14,672 Posts
Where are you vacationing? Someone on the forum might be close by.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you vacationing? Someone on the forum might be close by.
I was in FL but we are already back in GA so far we have driven 480 miles no issues after adjusting the height of the top hold down bolt with new orings on cylinder 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts