The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have am AM/FM single disc CD player in my truck. This evening, the display shut off. I hit the power button and the clock lit up for about 10 seconds, then went off. I cannot get any stereo functions (e.g. radio, CD, Aux). It seems that the unit is getting power, but that is it. The face did feel a bit warm to the touch, but I live in Richmond, TX. Everything is warm to the touch!

Any ideas on the problem and/or fix?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I have am AM/FM single disc CD player in my truck. This evening, the display shut off. I hit the power button and the clock lit up for about 10 seconds, then went off. I cannot get any stereo functions (e.g. radio, CD, Aux). It seems that the unit is getting power, but that is it. The face did feel a bit warm to the touch, but I live in Richmond, TX. Everything is warm to the touch!

Any ideas on the problem and/or fix?
Hi WormDrowner,

I'm Todd, and I'm filling in for Crystal while she is on vacation. I'm from Florida, so I know exactly what you mean regarding the heat. What's the year and mileage of your ride?

I'll see how to best assist.

Todd

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Todd,

Thanks a million for trying to help me out!

It is a 2011 with 50,750 mileage.

Ironically, this morning, the darned thing worked fine and has done so all day. I have no idea why it quit yesterday afternoon and evening. It was hot this afternoon when I left my office, but no problems with the stereo. It seems to be a transient problem. I did eject the CD yesterday and left it out today.

Michael

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hello Todd,

Thanks a million for trying to help me out!

It is a 2011 with 50,750 mileage.

Ironically, this morning, the darned thing worked fine and has done so all day. I have no idea why it quit yesterday afternoon and evening. It was hot this afternoon when I left my office, but no problems with the stereo. It seems to be a transient problem. I did eject the CD yesterday and left it out today.

Michael
You're welcome a million, WormDrowner. I recommend making an appointment with your Ford Dealer to see if they can replicate the concern. You may locate one here. Additionally, send over your full name, phone number, VIN, and the dealer you've chosen in a PM.

I'm on this.

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts