The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2015 f350 has just recently started acting up, i put lager 35's on at 3000 miles and now am at 8500 and have just recently started having issues. when i slowly get on the throttle the truck gets a small wobble in the wheel and begins to make a kak kak kak sound until i let off of the throttle. it seems way to reserved to be death wobble and appears to be an issue i see with many of the other 6.7's. However i have not read any threads where people experienced the sound as well as the wobble. i took it to the dealership and they made sure that every steering component was tight and came to the conclusion that a steering stabilizer was what i needed. What do you guys think, the sound concerns me more than the wobble because everyone ells seem to just live with that.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Steering stabilizer will help

If you have off-road tire, look if you lost some weight on your wheel. Somethings those big tire has to get rebalance as they wear down. Tires rotation may also help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe

I've got 2011 F350 with 36" tires. I use to get death wobble and a bunch of noise. I've put on a dual steering stabilizer and changed shocks to rancho 9000. This has fixed all my problems and noises, always make sure tires are balanced to. I'm guessing you have a level kit? I bought my truck used had the level kit on and 35" on. I noticed when I changed shock that they used the stock shocks and never put on extensions. Hope this gives you some help or thoughts. Good luck

·
Registered
564 Posts
Have you tried rotating the tires? Maybe they are starting to get chopped?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts