The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm noticing there appears to be a lot of people building some "monster" motors right now. So how many sub-13 second tucks are we gonna have by the end of this year?

Right now members I can think of just off the top of my head that'll probably be there (or real close) are: DART505, freddyfast9, bigpowr, PwrStrokinDually, suns_psd, catdiesel, blow_by, Turbo99, Thuglike, 94TTSS, rossi and I'm sure there's more than a few that I missed. Not to mention the people that are already there like ***, BBunting, Dockboy, and DI.

I wonder what's caused everyone to start doing these serious builds? Is it just better from better parts to work with?

· Registered
2,997 Posts
no garrett- just a credit card with a big limit!

i nominate myself treasurer, so send me your money and i'll hold on to it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I feel so left out now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You guys make it tough. Sub 13 second truck! Secret decoder ring! What next?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

11's of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[ QUOTE ]
and more quality shops entering the powerstroke world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point.

· Registered
273 Posts
Maybe the 6.0s nipping at the heels of the 7.3 helped push a few guys into action. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

Brian

· Registered
273 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
how about you build a fast truck and then we'll talk! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I own the quickest Powerstroke on the planet. How much faster does it need to be?

Brian

· Registered
3,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol!

· Premium Member
1,995 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and more quality shops entering the powerstroke world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will so far as to say it's not necessarily the shops themselves but the type/quality of parts available for the 7.3L. It was not until recently we had the abundance of aftermarket 'hard-part' engine internals; i.e. connecting rods, pistons, headstuds, girdles, etc. Probably the biggest advancement for the 7.3L are the upgraded high-volume high pressure oil pumps.

And of course the lower cost of available parts helps everyone out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Cheers from Orlando, FL! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Dave

· Registered
2,226 Posts
More quality shops = lower prices more competition and quicker turn around time instead of 2 or 3 shops doing this type of work 10 is better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

· Registered
273 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Brian, why are yall throwin in the towel?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not throwing in the towel, just taking a break for a bit. We'll be back in action someday. Probably when David Lott or someone else beats our time.

Brian

· Registered
2,560 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brian, why are yall throwin in the towel?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not throwing in the towel, just taking a break for a bit. We'll be back in action someday. Probably when David Lott or someone else beats our time.

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.