The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super Duty (Job 3- 1/2/08)
• 60th Anniversary (17A) is available on XLT SuperCab and Crew Cabs. It includes a two tone exterior paint combination in Black and Dark Shadow Grey lower accent or Dark Shadow Grey with Black lower accent, Chrome billet- style grille, 5" chrome running boards, chrome exhaust tip, chrome tow hooks and chrome pickup bed tie-down hooks, body color front and rear bumpers, accent color wheel lip moldings, and unique 60th Anniversary Edition wheel ornaments, box decals and badges. The Medium Stone interior includes Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs, a leather wrapped steering wheel, unique instrument cluster appliqué, 60th Anniversary center console badge, serialization plate, and more. Please see ordering guide for a full list of package contents.
• There have been changes to the standard and optional axles in the Axle Availability chart. Please review the Axle Availability chart for all axle availability changes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
bobby...how do we get to that axle availability chart?

any option other than the 3.73s with the srw 6.4s?

Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bobby...how do we get to that axle availability chart?

any option other than the 3.73s with the srw 6.4s?

Thanks.

</div></div>
Haven't been able to locate it yet, but the 3:55 gears are showing available now for Job #3 SRW PSD's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
nice...fuel econ option there...

there was rumor of a spray in bedliner as well...

im getting hosed bad at my dealer...ordered in early oct...and right now no where on the scope for build...might change around some options...

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice...fuel econ option there...</div></div>
Ya, should be interesting to see what the MPG difference is with the 3:55's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there was rumor of a spray in bedliner as well...</div></div>
I seen that also, but it's not listed anywhere official yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stunya</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im getting hosed bad at my dealer...ordered in early oct...and right now no where on the scope for build...might change around some options... </div></div>
Sorry to hear that. Production should start picking up after the 1st of the year.

·
Registered
136 Posts
bobby...appreciate the update...ill stand by, but will definately look at the spray in liner if it comes available..

u sure you dont want to take trade from MA (2002 f350 on 41s!!)

haha...thanks again for the info...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Anyone wanna BUY a truck?......

nah, I don't need the anaversary pkg.....though it would be nice

and the 3.55 rear end would be nice for millage but not for what i do.
BWilliams .. how much is the 17A package? msrp/invoice?

·
Banned
7,051 Posts
I think there will be many disappointed owners with 3:55 rears.
Yeah, on a flat highway, the MPG will gain some, but the higher gears will make the truck more sluggish. Forget about towing, there will be a noticable drop off in performance.
I wish the 4:10 gears were available for my truck.

·
Registered
556 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: George C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I wish the 4:10 gears were available for my truck. </div></div>
Ditto, i wish they were availably with my setup also. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Any hint about the introduction date of the 6-speed Torqueshift? Would much rather have that than 3:55's. Had that gear ratio before, would never again.

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BWilliams .. how much is the 17A package? msrp/invoice? </div></div>
No price showing as of yet.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaptSkup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any hint about the introduction date of the 6-speed Torqueshift? Would much rather have that than 3:55's. Had that gear ratio before, would never again. </div></div>

The tranny is a 6-spd, it just uses 5 gears depending on your driving at the time. It will skip a gear depending on demand.

Are you hoping for a true 6-spd Auto?

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Hey, Bobby -

The Job 3 order guide for F-250 is still not posted on your website. Any word on when Ford will publish it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just received a copy from my dealer. It is dated 12/01/07.

It relates to the F450.

Front license plate bracket no longer standard. It is now a option and forced in states where required.

Rapid heat now available on manual tranny.

Engine idle shut down is required on 6.4L diesel with auto tranny in the following states: CA,CT,DE,GA,ME,NJ,NY,NC,PA. The number of minutes are not shown. Exemptions need state certification or truck is to be delivered to another state.

Reverse aid sensor not available with engine shutdown feature.

Engine block heater standard in MI,VE,ID,NY,NH.

The high capacity trailer tow package (535) is no longer available. The standard max GCWR for F-450 PU with auto is now 33,000 lbs. The standard max GCWR for F-450 PU with manual tranny remains 27,000.

Winter front grill is now standard and only available in the following states: AK,CO,ID,IA,ME,MI,MT,NH,NY,ND,SD,VT,WI,WY.

This is a summary, but you can get the picture.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Whats with the engine idle shutdown feature? I presume it's supposed to help with emissions, but why do they need to?

On a good note, the block heater is standard for Idaho. Woo-hoo

·
Registered
581 Posts
And what makes the Reverse aid sensor not available with engine shutdown feature???

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokeyWren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, Bobby -

The Job 3 order guide for F-250 is still not posted on your website. Any word on when Ford will publish it?

</div></div>
Updated as of today /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JOB 3 ORDER GUIDE UPDATESEffective on all vehicles built on or after Job 3 (01/02/08 – Subject to change)

<ul>[*]The 60th Anniversary Edition (17A) is now available on XLT SuperCab and Crew Cabs. It includes a two tone exterior paint combination in Black with Dark Shadow Grey lower accent or Dark Shadow Grey with Black lower accent, Chrome billet-style grille, 5" chrome running boards, chrome exhaust tip, chrome tow hooks and chrome pickup bed tie-down hooks, chrome mirror caps, body color front and rear bumpers, accent color wheel lip moldings, and unqiue 60th Anniversary Edition wheel ornaments, box decals and badges. The Medium Stone interior includes Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs, a leather wrapped steering wheel, unique instrument cluster appliqué, 60th Anniversary center console badge, serialization plate, and more. Please see the Packaged Options page for a full list of package contents.[*]Power 4-wheel disc/4-wheel anti-lock brakes with vacuum boost are now standard on SRW with all engines. Power 4-wheel disc/4-wheel anti-lock brakes with hydro-boost are now included on SRW with the Dual Alternators and optional on SRW diesel for fleet only.[*]There have been changes made to the standard and optional axles in the Axle Availability chart. Please review the Axle Availability chart for all axle availability changes.[*]The Front License Plate Bracket is no longer standard. The Front License (153) is available as an option on all trims and is forced in states where required.[*]The Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater (41A) is now available with manual transmission.[*]The PowerScope™ Trailer Tow Mirrors (54F) are now available on XLT Regular Cab (require the Advanced Security Group).[*]A Winter Front Grille Cover is now standard and only available with the 6.4L diesel engine in the following states: AK, CO, ID, IA, ME, MI, MT, NH, NY, ND, SD, VT, WI, WY.[/list]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts