The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MT765</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats with the engine idle shutdown feature? I presume it's supposed to help with emissions, but why do they need to?</div></div>
From what I have heard, the Job #3 diesel powered vehicles in green states will be programmed to shut down automatically after idling over 5 minutes. If a truck has the PTO provision, and it's hooked up, the program will allow the truck to idle for 15 minutes.

On Edit: I think this is only for vehicles OVER 14k GVWR. I'll double check and post back.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thats kinda interesting. Does anybody know if Dodge and GM have to do this too?

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loft306</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BWilliams .. how much is the 17A package? msrp/invoice? </div></div>
Package Price:
$1,995.00 MSRP
$1,656.00 Invoice

·
Registered
136 Posts
bobby...thanks for the update...my truck will be job 3 without a doubt now...still not ordered...

thanks again...

no spray in liner from the factory huh?

·
Registered
133 Posts
>>>>From what I have heard, the Job #3 diesel powered vehicles in green states will be programmed to shut down automatically after idling over 5 minutes. If a truck has the PTO provision, and it's hooked up, the program will allow the truck to idle for 15 minutes.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ho stupid can these dumb ass engineers get? Apparently there is no limit on stupidity.

Say you are working for the power company, whether on the lines or cutting downed trees off the lines.

You are freezing and wet. You go to your truck to get warm.

And the damn thing will not run long enough to get warm, much less warm you.

Hunters, cattlemen, all sorts of people need for their truck to run until they turn it off.

You are working a wreck and a volunteer fireman. You need lights. It cuts off the engine after 5 minutes?

I can not believe what this country is coming to.

A nation of engineering geniuses with zero common sense.

CSSJR

If we do not wish to lose our freedom, we must learn to tolerate our
neighbor's right to freedom even though he might express that freedom
in a manner we consider to be eccentric.

·
Registered
240 Posts
stunya, loft306, and George C:

I have an 08 F350 DRW with the mandated 4.10 gears.

I have interest in swapping them out for 3.73 gears.

I don't know how involved this job would be or even if they are interchangeable.

I was going to PM you guys, but things have changed around here a little and I couldn't find the button.

Let me know your thoughts...

·
Registered
944 Posts
That package has two things I sure could have used! The supplemental cab heater with a manual transmission, and that front grille cover (std. for AK).

Rats!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Alaska Ranger what no grill cover? was that because oaf the order state? or the ship sate...im in viscon and got the winter cover!, helps keep the airfinter from getting iced up in a heavy snow...and i geuss that was why they gave it out...from the 'broadcast secrvice message i read.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Any insight on this, Bobby?

·
Vendor
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaska Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any insight on this, Bobby? </div></div>
Being that the vehicle was registered to "Alaska" we should be able to get a hold of it. Let me do some checking.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Cool!

Now, if you throw in that supplemental super-quick cab heater, I promise stop moaning and groaning about missing out on the factory-sprayed bed liner! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am in PA and would have issue with the PTO shutting down while I am in the bucket doing aerial work, during storms. for safety reasons I can't see how it is doable witht the PTO engaged. Let alone try to get warm after returning service to someone in the cold wind or snow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Unless you have the pickup running above idle. I don't think it would shut off if it isn't sitting at "idle" rpm. I don't know for sure though.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts