The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just got a 2000 7.3 and pretty much only complaint I have is the headlights are the worst I ever seen. Bad enough I hit a deer first night I had it. No damage thank god. So I did install a 30" led bar on bumper hooked direct to high beams and 2 4x4 cube led for low beams. Question is what are best replacement headlights. While assemb and not just bulbs. Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
'01 + clear lensed housings are a direct fit, use the same bulbs and throw way more light than the '99-'00 "glaucoma" lights. Can sometimes pick them up pretty cheap.

'05-'07 lights look better but require you to cut the header panel and splice a different pig tail on the wire (part I really didn't like as it's smaller gauge wire.)

Both are way brighter.

·
Super Moderator
25,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,609 Posts
You can also get TYC from RockAuto for $28 each. I've got a set and they are as good or better quality than the OEM. Even came with new bulbs when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
We have a USA made harness and better bulbs, best non Hid lighting when used in clear housings also true Projection Hids if you want the best possible lighting..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The halo sound good. But I couldn't take it anymore the way it was. So I installed the LED bars. Man what a improvement. I think I'll just buy the 01 clear lenses.

Also. Does this forum have a app for tapatalk?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it does but I'm not sure. I use AutoGuide. It works really nice, in fact, everything I've been doing on here is from that app. Ever heard of it? Ya gotta have an iPhone tho.

'99 F250 7.3, CC, SB, Lariat, Auto, 4x4, 265/75R16's, 3.73 Gears, K&N Drop-In, 3.5" Turbo Back Straight Thro.

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
You can also get TYC from RockAuto for $28 each. I've got a set and they are as good or better quality than the OEM. Even came with new bulbs when I ordered mine.
These one seem to be in the right price range.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
937 Posts
I got some Dorman replacements headlights 2004 year version from Summit Racing. I am real pleased with them and how they project so much better than the OEM 1999 style and also some other off brand cheapos I had before. I'd recommend them...about $40 each IIRC.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I pulled this old thread up to say I found a very good price of $111.00 on Genuine Ford headlight assemblies at a place called TascaParts.com:

2C3Z*13008*AA (Right-Driver): https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-headlamp-assembly-2c3z13008aa
And
2C3Z*13008*AB (Left-Driver): https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-headlamp-assembly-2c3z13008ab

But then I read where RT mentioned TYC Brand for considerably less.

RT, are your TYC still holding up well these few years later? Any UV fading or cloudiness?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
14,609 Posts
They look brand new. Not even a hint of cloudiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
They look brand new. Not even a hint of cloudiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feedback.

I just placed my order at Rock Auto for a savings of $180. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Headlights Depot in Pompano Beach has an amazingly large selection of lights in all price ranges, I've done about 4 trucks with their lights and have no complaints. I'd post a link but can't, not enough posts yet.:frown2:

·
Registered
884 Posts
I just bought a set from Headlights Depot...
The 05-07 headlights upgrade for my Y2K-X...
I haven't had time yet, to take the old ones out ,and cut the header panel to put them in...
Looking forward to upgrading the looks of my truck
In the box, the headlights look pretty good
They come with everything you need ....
Bulbs, Pig tail adapter, and some inadequate instructions...
Price was good...$107 ????

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Well I have purchased both an original Ford headlight ($144) and TYC ($26) headlight in the Aero style with the 2002+ lens design that has a smooth lens vs the earlier model years fluted lens.

I was fully expecting to see a bit lesser quality in the TYC which would be completely understandable given the price difference of $118.

I am surprised to say that even with my trusty magnifying glass I cannot find anything superior in the quality or build of the Motorcraft. In fact, the TYC actually weighs slightly more. The molds are nearly identical. Inside the lens, the designs are identical. The seams where the clear lens meets the grey housing appears equally sealed for water tightness.

The only visual difference are the adjuster screws on the Ford are metal while the TYC are plastic.

The only test remaining is to see how the plastic lens on the aftermarket TYC holds up to UV light over a few years but up here at 8,300' I always treat my plastic with the Meguiars Plast-X Clear Plastic Protector or similar wax so I can't really do that UV test.

Bottom line, RT just saved me about $236 by suggesting the TYC brand from Rock Auto.

Thanks RT.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thanks for the update.
I use the clear headlight film on mine to protect them from several things including sun light. Xpel brand lately.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts