The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had cruise set at about 70 mph (about 2,700 rpms). Under light/no load conditions engine was constantly "hunting and searching". Boost was from 0" to 7" during occurence. Had been set at 75 mph, kicked it off, changed to lower speed when it started. Only other variable I can think of is fuel was about 1/4 or slightly less.

Anyone with ideas?? Air in fuel? VSS? No codes stored.

· Registered
647 Posts
I'm a little confused, are you saying you have a manual (6 speed) that was going in and out of gear (hunting and searching) ???? Or maybe the engine is shutting on and off??? Did your tach also flutter or drop too??

· Registered
513 Posts
could be your chip possibly my dp chip will surge a hair at 70 if i kick it up to 72 it dont do it......apparently its a fairly common thing i have heard about dp chips........dont matter though i rarely stay under 70 on the highway anyways unless i want to get rear ended by the kids in the rice rockets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tach is not moving. Slight surge, just enought to be noticeable. Did not do this before I slowed down for an offramp. When I resumed speed it started in 2-3 miles after resetting cruise. Was running the same speed before I came down ramp.

· Registered
645 Posts
rr

I had an early 99 that did that. I nicknamed the disease "the jerk"

I have never put any mods on mine.

At the time they came out with a program update in 200 that was sposed to cure the jerk. It sis on mine.

If you have not had the program updated you might consider it, however I don't have a clue on how this interfaces with the added chip.

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What bugs me is that this just started Saturday. I bought this truck new and have driven it 126k, traveling from Fl to Md, NC to Mo. Has never done this before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.