The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange issue started happening... it seems when i accelerate really hard my truck starts bucking when i let off the throttle. It is a 2001 7.3 diesel with a zf6 swapped in and it has custom tunes from DP-tuner. I would remove the chip to see if it does it but the chip is burnt so it overrides the automatic computer so im unsure if i can do that. It runs great when im light to moderate acceleration and also is fine when im hard accelerating right up until i back off the throttle. It only bucks once or twice then its fine but it is a pretty big jolt. Any ideas of where to start?

·
Super Moderator
25,087 Posts
Sticky IPR? Sounds like the IPR might be making HP oil pressure overshoot, then undershoot the correct value.
Try unplugging the ICP sensor and see if that fixes it.
If the IPR is sticky, unplugging the ICP may not do anything but it's worth trying.

As long as your tunes are on a chip, you can remove it and it'll go back to stock.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sticky IPR? Sounds like the IPR might be making HP oil pressure overshoot, then undershoot the correct value.
Try unplugging the ICP sensor and see if that fixes it.
If the IPR is sticky, unplugging the ICP may not do anything but it's worth trying.

As long as your tunes are on a chip, you can remove it and it'll go back to stock.
ill try that when i get home and report back. Also in my case the stock is back to an automatic transmission will it run off of that with the manual trans

·
Super Moderator
25,087 Posts
Yes, your auto PCM will run the engine. The tranny will just ignore the instructions from the PCM to shift, since you're in control of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts