The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000, 2wd, manual, long bend, 1.5 cab. My passenger side leaf pack has come apart. the clamp holding it together has vanished. Is the part available by itself or do I now have to replace 2 sets of springs and all the labor? im out of town for work and have no tools with me. Itll be a stealership type situation. Trying to not spend over $700 for 2 spring sets + labor.
Thanks,
hideout

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
998 Posts
If I remember correctly, mine were factory attached to the leaf so it doesn't slide. I think its tack welded there if I remember right. Ill have a look when its light out. Not sure how you could do that. Meaning you would have to be careful not to get too much heat in the leaf when you tack it?? Might need a shop to do it. That said, my local spring shop offered me both all new for 450 if I put in, and alittle less if they did it. The fronts were the same and came with an extra leaf so you don't need the leveling kit on the 4x4. So I think your pricing is alittle high. Being in the US I bet they are at least 100 less than up here in Canada.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
OP? Where are you?
How did it turn out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts