The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have an '85 f350 4spd manual. Over the course of 7 days and about 150 mi it started dying while running, progressively getting worse. It now will not run. If at low speeds it would die and I would have to crank it back to life for up to 1 minute. At higher speeds the momentum would continue to turn the engine and eventually kick it back on. There was no real failure line. It worked for little time then the next day for a while. I replaced the fuel pump. No dice. Then the fuel filter. Waste of money. I am not sure where to go from here. No smoke, the plugs sound like their kicking on, fuel in the tank (not sure how much due to bad gauges). There was fuel in the feed line while switching the pumps. The old fuel filter had about an inch?? of fuel at the bottom of the can. I primed the new one to about an inch from the top. Nothing. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sounds like your running out of fuel. Since your fuel gauge are bad you can't tell how much fuel is in the tanks. If you have less than a 1/4 tank full and the pickup has fallen off or disintegrated, you'll run out of fuel. That is a common problem, only way to tell is to drop the tank(s). This is what the pickup screen looks like, commonly known as a showerhead.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts