The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all. I just bought a 2019 F250 with the 6.7. it currently has 14k on it. I'm looking for advise at what milage can I or should I swap the engine oil over to synthetic? I've received so many different answers. Your advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
James

·
Premium Member
14,529 Posts
Ring technology is such that the need to use conventional oils to allow proper seating is no longer an issue. Most new vehicles ship with synthetic in the crankcase from the factory. I am still a firm believer in changing the oil at 1000 miles or sooner to get out any and all wear particles from any new engine, but you're way past that. I would swap to synthetic at your very next oil change.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I tow a 5th wheel with my truck and I always use synthetic oil. I to across country and I never know when i will have to fill up with bio-diesel. The manual recommends synthetic if you use that crap.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
I like soybean based BioD up to B20. Same goes for Palm Oil.

I don’t like BioD derived from animal fat.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Isn't the Factory oil a synthetic ?
The Motorcraft HD Diesel 10w30 is not synthetic.
The Extreme Duty is 5W40 Full Synthetic.
Ford also approves 15w40 which can be either.

Specifications

Materials Specification Name WSS-M2C171-E

Recommended motor oil (U.S.):
Motorcraft SAE 10W-30 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil* XO-10W30-QSD WSS-M2C171-E
Recommended motor oil (Canada):
Motorcraft SAE 10W-30 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil* CXO-10W30-LSD12 WSS-M2C171-E
Motorcraft SAE 15W-40 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil* XO-15W40-QSD WSS-M2C171-E
Recommended motor oil (Canada):
Motorcraft SAE 15W-40 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil *CXO-15W40-LSD12 WSS-M2C171-E
Motorcraft SAE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil *XO-5W40-5QSD WSS-M2C171-E
Motorcraft SAE 0W-40 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil *XO-0W40-DAS

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my 2019 brand new and changed my oil by myself at 2,000 miles and went right to full synthetic. I then had an oil analysis done on that first 2,000 factory ford oil. Blackstone indicated that the oil looked good but had some break in debris in there.

I then changed it again at 5,000 miles to full syn again and had Blackstone do another analysis and they indicated that my oil was perfect and all break in debris was gone.

These new engines love syn right away, go ahead and do it. Make sure the syn oil you put in meets Fords spec. Rotella T6 is a popular but I personally run Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme 5w40.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Scha0786,

Thats a very useful post.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts