The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main qustion is i have a QLJ3 code with a ts chip, and i need more power the chip feels weak all fuel 7 does is build a lot of heat maybe less power than 125hp pos. Does anybody know if i can change my code in my comp and loose the Calf emissions code and poss go with a nvk or anything.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think you if you have a CALI code you have to have a Cali chip. Don't quote me on that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My Fuel 7 doesn't feel much stronger than my 125. I plan on spending time on a dyno soon and will know then.

I don't think you are really going to see that great a gain with F7 unless you have injectors. It was written for Mini-Me's.

Fill out your sig to let us know other mods...exhaust and intake help alot too!

·
Registered
645 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
My main qustion is i have a QLJ3 code with a ts chip, and i need more power the chip feels weak all fuel 7 does is build a lot of heat maybe less power than 125hp pos. Does anybody know if i can change my code in my comp and loose the Calf emissions code and poss go with a nvk or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fuel 7 or DI's extreme programs flow as much fuel as your injectors are gonna give, if you're already there on the 125 setting then that's gonna be it. My experience with chips on stock injectors tell me that most of the gains are made 0-70mph, if you are at WOT at 60mph, you aren't gonna see much more when you up the settings, the biggest difference between the settings is how quick you get to say 80mph. I personally find the extreme settings handy when you need them, but I drive at around 70hp settings for my daily drive. Less anoying to others and less embarising seeing the smoke pour out.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts